Aldergrove Real Estate Guide
Great value for your dollar
Aldergrove is a little off the beaten path, about 15 minutes East of Langley City, just before you hit Abbotsford. It is a small community of fewer than 20,000 residents, but still has all the conveniences you will need within a short drive.
Due to the location, the homes for sale in Aldergrove have prices that tend to be 10% to 20% less than your standard Langley City home. And because of this, many young families are buying detached homes from the list of Aldergrove homes for sale and putting a little love into them. They find the commute is worth it – bang for buck.
Geographically, Aldergrove is split into two population centers: Aldergrove and Aldergrove East, which is actually part of Abbotsford.
Aldergrove Homes For Sale
Aldergrove At A Glance
Young families love the affordability of the Aldergrove townhomes for sale and the fact that they can buy a detached fixer-upper for the same price as a large Langley townhome. This is breathing new life into the community and businesses, and the area is changing quickly.
Langley Township is spending $40 million to transform the downtown core in the hopes of attracting thousands of new residents over the next two decades. You will find many townhomes and condos for sale in Aldergrove. To make it better, Aldergrove is filled with many independently-owned pubs, restaurants, and activities for families to suit a wide variety of personalities.
Many of these businesses have been around for years and have plenty of character and a down-home feel. The infamous Alder-Inn has recently closed, and depending on who you ask; it is either a great thing or a tragedy.
Aldergrove Homes For Sale
Aldergrove Housing Market
Aldergrove comprises a mix of a small number of condos and townhouses, but mostly single-family detached homes. So, you can pick any from the Aldergrove condos for sale or the townhomes for sale as they are perfect for a single-family.
Most of the homes were built in the late 1970s and early 1980s, with some newer detached homes in East Aldergrove built in the last decade.
Because of the affordability, there are more rentals in Aldergrove than most Langley neighbourhoods. The lots are generally serviced with water, hydro, and sewer, and most have gas, except for the houses in the community’s rural areas.
Recently, there has been some new condo and townhouse construction near the downtown core, along Fraser Hwy. So, if you are looking for some townhouses or condos for sale in Aldergrove, head here to get one.
Aldergrove is perfect for someone searching for a cozy small-town feel that isn’t far from a larger city’s fun.
If you enjoy a little extra space, a little extra cash in your pocket, and don’t mind putting in a little elbow grease, many great family homes are waiting for you in Aldergrove. In short, it is an ideal place for you to buy one of the Aldergrove townhomes for sale and settle.
You’ll enjoy the quirky little independent shops and family diners on Fraser Highway.
And don’t worry, as much as this feels like a small country town, they now have a Starbucks if you’re afraid you’d miss that Pumpkin Spice Latte!
Aldergrove Townhomes For Sale
An Up-And-Coming Town With A Little Hint Of Country
Aldergrove Is Great For
Imagining Your Life In Aldergrove
How you’ll spend your weekends…
Once you get one of the homes for sale in Aldergrove, you will love checking out the shops or grabbing a bite from a local restaurant in downtown. The summer activities are endless with the new Otter Co-Op Outdoor Experience and numerous parks around the city.
For delicious, generous portions, we recommend checking out Bob’s Bar and Grill. The Brick House Bistro is another Aldergrove staple you have to try.
Yes, Aldergrove has pubs. The Fox and Hounds pub is a classic pub, serving your go-to pub food and drinks. It’s definitely the local watering hole.
Lots. Twilight Drive-In Theatre, Otter Co-op Outdoor Experience Waterpark, and the Greater Vancouver Zoo to name a few.
What you’ll do after work…
Hit the new rec center for a workout, go check out a movie at the drive-in, tinker in your garage, or head home and fire up the BBQ for a family dinner. There’s plenty to keep you busy after buying one of the Aldergrove homes for sale and settle in.
Hobbies you can pick up…
Grab a book from the Aldergrove library, take the dog for a walk in one of the numerous parks, do some gardening, visit with your neighbours, or explore the countryside. Another big bonus: getting one of the Aldergrove townhomes for sale means that you’re just minutes from the US border.
What You'll Love
The prices of the Aldergrove homes for sale can’t be beaten if you want to live in Langley and get more for your money.
We have had many clients skip moving from a downtown Langley condo/townhouse straight to an Aldergrove single-family home. Because of its location and the small shops and businesses down Fraser Hwy, Aldergrove truly feels like small-town living.
And once you get one of the homes for sale in Aldergrove, you will enjoy everything about it. Oh, there’s always plenty of room to park and very little traffic.
What You Might Not Like
Unless you love driving, the commute is one of the more negative aspects of living in Aldergrove.
It is a little further out, and Fraser Highway can be a little slow during rush hour if you don’t time it right. Expect a 15- to 20-minute drive to any major mall or shops once you buy one of the Aldergrove townhomes for sale and settle in.
Walkability is also tough, so you will want to own a vehicle unless you live right downtown.
The Aldergrove Rea Estate Market
Aldergrove Real Estate Stats
Average Aldergrove Home Prices
Homes For Sale
Townhomes For Sale
Condos For Sale
The Rental Market
There is an abundance of rentals in Aldergrove. So, you do not need to buy one of the condos for sale in Aldergrove to live here.
And if you don’t own a car and would like more walkability, we would suggest looking for a rental condo or townhouse as most of the condo buildings are situated closer to downtown.
Rentals can start as low as $600 a month and go up from there and many detached homes have more than one rental unit in them.
Most are pet friendly, and parking generally isn’t an issue as there is plenty of street parking.
Key Landmarks & Amenities
An up-and-comer that has a lot to offer
At A Glance
PROMINENT & LOCAL BUSINESSES
The commercial and retail of Aldergrove is mostly along the slowed driving stretch of Fraser Highway on your way through town. It’s lined with cafes, independent restaurants of all kinds, and small independent boutique shops and antique stores.
After you have got one of the homes for sale in Aldergrove and need gas for your car, drive a little further east from the highway to find the cheapest gas in Langley.
Twin's Favourite Picks
Aldergrove Credit Union Community Center
Twilight Drive-In Movie Theatre
Otter Co-Op Water Experience Park
Greater Vancouver Zoo
The Fox and Hounds Pub
Restaurants & Pubs
Bob’s Bar n’ Grill
Mazatlan Mexican Cuisine
Brick Alley Bistro
TJ Restaurant & Steak House
Aldergrove Indian Bistro
Sorry, no breweries in Aldergrove
Columbia Coffee House
Book n’ Bean
Aldergrove Credit Union
Alder Natural Foods
Location + Accessibility
The Closer You Live To Fraser hwy, The More Accessible It Is
The walkability in Aldergrove is easily explained.
The closer you live to Fraser Highway, the better walkability you will have. So, it is best to get one of the Aldergrove homes for sale that is near the highway.
Most of the public transit runs along Fraser Highway, and so do the small businesses, including grocery stores. The further you are from Fraser Highway, the more likely it is you will need a vehicle. Keep this in mind as you choose one of the townhomes for sale in Aldergrove.
To Costco Langley: 15 min
To Downtown Vancouver: Over 1 hour
To Skytrain Line: 40 min
To YVR Airport: 1 hour 20 min
To USA Border: 5 min
To Ferries: 1 hour
Lots of bus routes and accessibility throughout Aldergrove.
Lots of taxis and ride-share available throughout Aldergrove.
You’re a 40 minute bus or car ride away from the closest Skytrain.
A Walker's Paradise
If you buy one of the Aldergrove condos for sale that is close to the Fraser Highway, you can expect that most errands can be accomplished on foot.
However, if you live farther out, you will definitely need a car.
There are lots of bus routes that run through Aldergrove, especially closer to Fraser Highway. However, if you buy one of the Aldergrove townhomes for sale that is farther from that, you will have fewer transit options.
Aldergrove is flat as a pancake and there are good bike lanes throughout.
Aldergrove Real Estate | Aldergrove Homes for Sale
Explore all homes, townhomes, and condos for sale in Aldergrove
27056 27 Avenue in Langley: Aldergrove Langley House for sale : MLS®# R2725764
27056 27 Avenue Aldergrove Langley Langley V4W 3E7$1,199,000Residential Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,270 sq. ft.211 m2Welcome to this beautiful family home sitting on a large lot size of 10,980 ft. Featuring 2,200+ sqft of living space including 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and an open concept kitchen, living and dining room. Large wrap around balcony, great for the family and entertainment. A private gated entrance to the property, double garage, lots of outdoor space for parking and space for an RV, Boat, or Trailer. Fenced private yard. This home is located in the heart of Aldergrove, just steps away from all levels of schools, recreation, transit and much more! More detailsListed by RE/MAX City Realty
2761 275A Street in Langley: Aldergrove Langley House for sale : MLS®# R2725416
2761 275A Street Aldergrove Langley Langley V4W 0C4$1,325,000Residential Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,619 sq. ft.336 m2Welcome to Bertrand Creek! Developed by Epic Homes, there is no detail overlooked in this beautiful design that truly feels like a Showhome! Featuring four bedrooms upstairs and a two bedroom legal suite downstairs, this home has it all! Central air conditioning, chefs kitchen with modern appliances, large patio, fully fenced backyard, plenty of pantry and storage space, double car garage, what more could a family ask for. Walking distance to schools, parks, shopping, transit, restaurants, dog park, and the local Community Centre! Still under the 10 year new home warranty! A must see! More detailsListed by Royal LePage - Wolstencroft
27017 20 Avenue in Langley: Aldergrove Langley House for sale in "South Aldergrove" : MLS®# R2725657
27017 20 Avenue Aldergrove Langley Langley V4W 2P2$2,699,900Residential Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,932 sq. ft.365 m2Take a stroll through your dream English Estate. 4.28 beautiful expansive rolling acres in desirable South Aldergrove. Features 5 bedrooms 5 bathrooms. Kitchen and dining overlooking beautiful backyard private lagoon complete with flora and fauna, water fountain, French drain, wildlife, private sun-dock, landscaped with mature trees, a quaint beach area, outdoor fire pit, huge gazebo, many other functional outbuildings, lookout areas and features. A must see! Perfect for family gatherings or potential for destination weddings, short term rentals, events, film locations, etc. Huge revenue potential. Buyer to explore GST implications. Measurements by Onicron. More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty (Langley)
26864 33A Avenue in Langley: Aldergrove Langley House for sale : MLS®# R2725515
26864 33A Avenue Aldergrove Langley Langley V4W 3G7$1,000,000Residential Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,954 sq. ft.182 m2Clean basement home in great Parkside school catchment area. Great shape well maintained and ready for occupancy bachelor pad mortgage helper already in so take a look at this one and make Aldergrove your new home with updated kitchen and bath. take a look make you offer. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Aldercenter Realty
26989 33 Avenue in Langley: Aldergrove Langley House for sale : MLS®# R2724497
26989 33 Avenue Aldergrove Langley Langley V4W 3G5$1,250,000Residential Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,022 sq. ft.281 m2Here it is! Incredible location, amazing & updated home on a park-like 1/4 acre subdividable lot! Deluxe 3,022 sq ft bsmnt entry charmer has a nice 1 bdrm unauthorized suite. Many tasteful upgrades, modern decor, vaulted wood ceiling on main with open floor plan highlighted by an updated kitchen w/ loads of space & door to deck overlooking back yard. 4 bdrms , 3 bathrooms + 2 laundry spaces makes this the ideal home for guests, inlaws etc. Basement has super-sized rec room for upstairs use. Lots of yard including a fully fenced back yard w/ garden boxes & mature landscape. Entertainment sized deck in back. Bring all your toys-plenty of parking including space for boat or RV. A/C a plus! Parkside Centennial Elem School right across street so kids can come home for lunch. Don't wait! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Little Oak Realty (Abbotsford)